Halo 5 has a rotational social playlist, and now the next mode for it has been announced. As revealed on Halo Waypoint, the new playlist is Rock ‘n’ Rail, which sees players starting with rockets and railguns. It’s a pretty hectic and intense game mode, which debuted in Halo 4.
“While this new iteration of Rock ‘n’ Rail is inspired by Halo 4’s beloved Rock ‘n’ Rail mode, it’s been specifically tailored to better fit the Halo 5 sandbox,” multiplayer designer Sara Stern said. “Instead of basing gameplay around the use of jetpacks, we’ve altered the gravity, stabilizer time, and jump height settings to bring combat off the ground and into the air.”
In Halo 5, Rock ‘n’ Rail makes use of the game’s Spartan abilities, which you can use to boost high in the air. In turn, that might make landing shots a little more difficult.
Halo 5’s Warzone mode is also getting updated. Warzone Turbo will be re-introduced on May 12, while the Warzone Warlords mode returns for the May 26-29 weekend.
Finally, Halo 5’s newest ranked season, for May-June, is now underway. Here is a rundown of what’s new for this season, as written by 343 Industries:
NEW SEASON FEATURES
- It will be “safe” to leave if someone has already left the match (from either team)
- No need to stay on to prevent a ban or extra point loss
- No ban if someone has already left
- No extra CSR loss penalty if someone has already left
- You still lose the same amount of CSR as a normal loss
- Leavers always lose CSR, regardless of how their team does after, so it’s better to stay if you’re on the winning / advantaged team until the other team leaves.
Reduced early-season wait times for higher-skilled players
- High-skilled players sometimes get MMRs that are higher than is needed
- These will now be truncated to a reasonable value at the beginning of the season
- They are still high enough to prevent very uneven matches, but low enough to allow more timely matchmaking
Even Stricter CSR boundaries: Onyx population reduced again
- The previously fixed inflation bug had inflated this despite the changes
- We should see even stricter boundaries in the new season
Source : GS