This year’s Minecraft convention, Minecon, is going on right now in California. There was some big news on the first day, starting off with the announcement of the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack.
Due out on October 4, the add-on introduces a brand-new pre-made world. According to an official description, players can “wander through the streets of an ancient great city, marvel at the dragons that dwell around the high mountains, contemplate on [their] crafting within a mythical monastery and just enjoy the view as you walk through fields and discover how mobs would look in ancient China.”
The Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack adds 41 new skins and 13 themed music tracks. It also features its own map for Minecraft’s Battle mini-game, which debuted in June. “Just look out for the dragons!” Microsoft said. The expansion sells for $5 across all console platforms.
Also debuting on October 4 is a free update for all console versions of Minecraft that will add the following content, as written by Microsoft:
- New mobs: You’ll now find polar Bears (and their babies!) roaming frozen biomes
- New items: Farm beetroots and keep yourself nourished with some healthy beetroot soup
- Banners: Make beautiful banners to hang in your bases and spruce the place up
- New terrain generation: You’ll find Igloos in Arctic biomes, Fossils buried underground, as well as different village paths and materials
- New blocks: End Bricks, Beetroot, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart Block, Red Nether Brick, and Bone Block
In other Minecraft news, Microsoft also confirmed that the game’s Boss update is coming to Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, Minecraft: Pocket Edition, and Minecraft: Gear VR Edition on October 18. Go to the Xbox Wire to get even more details.
Source : GameSpot